AGE / GENDER/ NATIONALITY:
53 / Male / Malaysian
DATE OF APPOINTMENT:
1 May 2021
BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS:
DIRECTORSHIP IN OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES AND LISTED ISSUERS:
EXPERIENCE/ACHIEVEMENT AND OCCUPATION:
- Datuk Mohd Anuar Taib joined the oil and gas industry in 1990 after completing his B.Sc. Engineering from the United States, with the Royal Dutch Shell subsidiary in Malaysia, Sarawak Shell Berhad. He also graduated with MBA in International Management from the RMIT University, Australia in 2004.
- At Shell, he had a well-rounded experience with accountabilities in technical, finance, supply chain and procurement, commercial and leadership roles in exploration and production, LNG and gas-to-liquid, refining and retail business, in Malaysia, the US and the Asia-Pacific region; culminating to the position of Chairman of Shell Companies in Malaysia in 2010.
- Datuk Anuar then joined PETRONAS as the Vice President of Development and Production, PETRONAS and Chief Executive Officer of PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd where he was instrumental in the improvement in the delivery of capital projects, reduction in operating costs and the set-up of the successful low-cost and marginal field subsidiary Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd.
- In addition to many internal PETRONAS and Shell boards, Datuk Anuar served as Non-Executive Chairman of public listed companies namely, PETRONAS Gas Berhad from 2016 to 2019 and Shell Refining Company (FOM) Berhad from 2010 to 2012.
- Datuk Anuar was the Chief Operating Officer and CEO Designate of Sapura Energy Berhad ("SEB") from 1 October 2020 until 22 March 2021. He is currently the Group Chief Executive Officer of SEB since 23 March 2021.
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- MBA, International Management, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
- BSc, Engineering (Mechanical), Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio