We understand that career transition can be an overwhelming experience for you and your family, but it does not necessarily have to be.
This guide can help you formulate a clear financial plan and ensure your continued wellbeing even in a period of uncertainty.
Consult the agencies below for support and financial advise to suit your current needs.
Job Search Allowance (JSA)
- Financial allowance for those who have lost their one and only job
- Successful applications will be paid a monthly allowance for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months at the rates published here (link to the pdf table).
- After receiving the first instalment of their allowance, applications are required to prove that they are actively seeking jobs to receive subsequent instalments.
Reduced Income Allowance (RIA)
- A financial allowance for those who have multiple jobs and have lost at least one, but not all, of their jobs
- Payment rates and the duration of payment are the same as that of JSA
Training Fee (TF)
- Vocational training for successful applicants
- Training fees will be paid directly to training service providers
- Successful applicants may receive up to 6 months of training at a maximum cost of RM4000
(Link to SIP Plus)
Training Allowance (TA)
- Financial incentive paid to training recipients to encourage them to attend all their training sessions
- Paid monthly (up to 6 months) at a rate of RM10 (minimum) – RM20 (maximum) per training day based on the applicant’s Monthly Assumed Wages
- Training recipients must prove that they have attended all training sessions to receive TA
Early Re-Employment Allowance (ERA)
- A financial incentive paid to JSA recipients who manage to return to work when they are still receiving their allowance
- It is worth 25% of the money that the recipient is entitled to but has not yet received