Subsurface Development Capabilities
The SapuraKencana Energy subsurface development team has a prolific track record in developing new discoveries and redeveloping older fields in both clastic and carbonate reservoirs. Our capabilities include full seismic-to-simulation operation and in-house creation of fully-integrated 3D reservoir simulation models.
Our multidisciplinary and highly technical professional team is fully integrated with our drilling and production teams to ensure seamless project coordination and workflow. Typically, Field Development Planning (FDP) will take between 6 to 12 months from conceptual development stage to government approval and final investment decision.
Why We're Good
We have developed 10 oilfields in the past 10 years. Our creative approach and vertical integration with our drilling and production teams support new and innovative ideas which allow increased field production and effective subsurface risk mitigation.
We maintain excellent collaboration with partners and host government in all our projects.
Innovative Subsurface Solutions
Our expertise covers:
- Thin oil column developments (< 15M) using geosteering and Inflow Control Devices (ICD) in long horizontal wells for maximum recovery
- Dual string completions in horizontal wells for increased production rates
- High quality reservoir characterisation to optimise horizontal well locations and maximize hydrocarbon recovery
- Subsurface and drilling integration – real-time geosteering and Azimuthal Deep Resistivity for fast decision making and optimising costs, and
- Working with clastic and carbonate reservoirs within various basin and tectonic settings